I am a resident of Fleetwood and I am in favour of the boundary changes proposed in the preliminary report. I support it because of the following reasons:
First, the proposed boundary includes all key shopping malls in the Fleetwood area, namely:
• Fleetwood Town Square at the corner of Fraser Hwy & 160 St. – grocery store, fast food outlets, retail shops
• Fleetwood Park Village at the corner of Fraser Hwy & 159 St. – large grocery store, banking, restaurants, & retails shop
• Price Smart Food & retail shops at the corner of Fraser Hwy & 152nd St.
• Ever Green Mall with Shoppers Drug Mart, Safeway & retail shops at the corner of 152nd Street and 88th Ave
• Retail shops along side the Fraser Hwy between 160th St to 90 St.
Secondly, the proposed map keeps the core community inside the boundary and makes it more compact and understandable
Thirdly, the Fleetwood Community Centre & Library remains inside the boundary
Lastly, if you add the Fleetwood Park and Fleetwood secondary school back to Fleetwood, the Fleetwood riding will have everything inside the riding that belongs to Fleetwood.
Thanks for your consideration