I am against changing the boundaries of the Hope-Chilliwack riding to Merritt/Lillooet. We are better fit to remain in the current boundaries for the following reasons:
1. We are part of the Fraser Health Authority and are included demographical and geographically within their boundaries.
2. We have the largest senior population in the Health Authority and having access to a MLA that is 60 minutes through a mountainous terrain is inaccessible
3. We are part of the Fraser Valley Regional District growth plan, solid waste management plan and again geographically fit with the region of the Fraser Valley.
4. We are part the Regional transit plan
5. Hope is looking toward an economic development plan that includes a regional strategy, which is looking West and not North
Please do not change the boundaries!!