Hope is better situated as it currently stands for the following reasons:
1. We are part of the Fraser Health Authority and are included demographically and geographically within their boundaries.
2. We have the largest senior population in the Health Authority and having access to a MLA that is 60 minutes through a mountainous terrain is inaccessible to seniors and many others who transportation concerns.
3. We are part of the Fraser Valley Regional District growth plan, solid waste management plan and again geographically fit with the region of the Fraser Valley.
4. We are part the Regional transit plan
5. Hope is looking toward an economic development plan that includes a regional strategy, which is looking West and not North